best summer dinners #1

Part of what makes the best summer dinners is the food, but the other equally important part is the company. This past Wednesday Ian and Sascha (his gf and my Kitchen coworker), Jay and Pico came over for a grill out at my cabin; what came together was a Farm meal of cosmic proportions: marinated Farm ribeye (beef) steaks; potatoes, (white, red and fingerlings), garlic and onions from Jay's garden; lettuce greens from Sascha's garden; turnips from the Farm's gardens; cranberry lemonades with vodka from my refrigerator. 

Ian oversaw the grilling, so the rest of us kicked back and chatted, enjoying the summer early evening. Everything was amazing!

Here's how we made everything:

Steak:
Marinated for 5 hours in olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup, oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
We didn't put anything on the steak after it was cooked (medium rare), the marinade left the MOST AMAZING flavor.

Potatoes, onions and garlic:
I par-cooked the potatoes by boiling them in salted water until soft. Potatoes, chopped garlic and onions were tossed in plenty of olive oil, sea salt and pepper and put into a foil pouch (made by putting two sheets of foil on either side of the food, then twisting the ends in)
Potatoes, onions and garlic were roasted until browning.

Turnips:
Skewered, slathered with oil and cooked until browned.

We also got to meet my new neighbors across the street. 

Marinating Farm beef...drooling like Homer Simpson just looking at this picture.

Potatoes I dug up in Jay's garden. The first potatoes that I've ever dug up--I was so excited!

Pico

Wonderful "cranberry lemonade with fun"

My new neighbor checking us out

My new neighbors checking us out

Dinner time!

The wonderful potatoes!

Comments

Did you eat Pico for Dinner!!?? Or the racoons?
NEITHER!! We stuck to the meat and potatoes!

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH