true grit

Being at the Farm always reminds me of the gifts of this place. Not just the healing that happens here, but also the amazing people who work here, or just pass through for a spell. I am always awed by the amazing women I've met and now call friends; women who've helped me be a better person, who've made me feel braver and bolder, who've encouraged me to challenge the stereotypes the world can still hold for us, women who serve as role models and sounding boards.

There are many gifts in my life because I said yes to this place 11 years ago, but this weekend as we celebrate B1 and her changing life (as she and B2 prepare for their first child), I'm thinking much of the women here. 

This article is great and left me grinning. 

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in! 
Come in!"
--Shel Silverstein  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?