do you believe in magic?

There is this magic about the Farm, a connectedness you get with the people there if you let them get close enough, like that bond you get with a favorite sibling where you just know it's them calling before you even look at the caller id, or you both are humming the same song all day and realize later when you see each other--both true stories; my bros and I are just that cool. Anyway, the Farm has this je ne sais quoi, It's-a-small-world-after-all magic that allows for things to happen. This is what I was reminded of again last night when former Farm roomie and coworker, Neal, randomly texted me yesterday, then somehow caught me by phone during my break, saying, "I was sitting in a bar, having a beer and I thought of you and that I needed to call you and see how the hell you are!" I told him I would be in Maine for the weekend, but probably wouldn't have time to stop and see him--he currently lives in Portland--because we were heading straight to Acadia, he said, "No f*&^ing way!! I am going up there tomorrow!" So it goes...

This time tomorrow I will be at the Farm, but this time Friday night I should be in Acadia National Park with B1&B2, and maybe even Neal, hopefully relaxing by our tents, sipping beers, catching up by a fire and watching the stars.

So excited to get back to the Farm, so excited to see my friends, so excited to get back to nature.

“Time is but the stream I go fishing in. I drink at it, but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. It's thin current slides away, but eternity remains.”
--Henry David Thoreau

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH