off!

It is finally spring around here; everything is green, the lawns need mowing, the daffodils are sturdy and no longer the new kids on the block, I was stung by a bee--all signs of spring.

My boss is back from vacation, thank God, and I am off from work(at the Farm) until Sunday. My library hours have increased, as they have begun to train me for a new department (local history), but I look forward to the extra hours spent learning how to use tons of genealogical databases and assisting patrons in research. Plus, more hours=more money for vacation.

I've been keeping myself busy lately, aside from work: gardening, reading, writing, catching up with friends, shopping for my two destination weddings (Jamaica in July; St. John, Virgin Islands in August). I spent $250 this weekend on clothes (dresses for tropical places--I wonder why I don't have stuff like that lying around...?), managing to get the dress which I will wear to my brother's wedding--I am pleased as punch about it as I actually look good in it. Have done multiple showings of dresses to friends: TSO, Mummy Dearest & Hubby, B1&B2 and Sierra; seem to have the stamp of approval.

My only "to do" today is to drive an hour and a half to a dress shop for a fitting of my Bridesmaid dress. I am not looking forward to this...ergh...I hate everything about bridal shops. But, I am going to reward myself with time in the garden and reading this afternoon. Ah, the sweet life! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH