looking forward

I am not even talking about spring--PROMISE! These are things which I am eagerly awaiting:

  • The new 'Jane Eyre' movie. I definitely don't go to the movies as much as I did when I was 16, when I worked at a theater and could see as many movies as I could stomach on a day off. I LOVED this Washington Post article: 'Jane Eyre' movie rekindles Austen vs. Bronte, the battle of the bonnets.
  • 'Meeks Cutoff'--trailer etc. found here. NPR review of the movie found here. Aside from that awful show about those kids and that creek--I heart Michelle Williams.
  • My weekend, which starts in T-minus 56 minutes. As soon as I get home B1 & B2 and I will be hoping into their car for a mini-roadtrip to Buffalo, NY, which is home of B1. Can't wait for a weekend away, with no concerns in the world...except, perhaps, that our little slice of New England will change too much while we're gone. I always feel that if I'm away for a few days, in the pivotal turn of the seasons, I miss something small yet crucial: a minute flickering of a deeper shade of green spreading across the wall of hills.

    A three day weekend...haven't had one in months...since when...? I don't even remember!
    That means it has been too long! Happy weekend all...pics soon...if my computer is ever fixed (again!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH