i don't go to that kind of doctor

While bestie Mummy Dearest and I were driving in the car with Little Fish and her cousin M, the subject of going to the doctor when you're sick came up. M said that she didn't want to go to the doctor because they, "put people to sleep."

"Oh, you mean like when someone has surgery and they go to sleep for a little while?" asked her Auntie Mummy Dearest.

"No. They put you to sleep like when they put cats and dogs to sleep."

I was already trying not to laugh during this entire conversation, but this was just too much! I was literally shaking and holding my breath, afraid I'd burst out laughing and hurt M's feelings. And as I was shaking and desperataely trying to hold back my laughter I could hear, in the silence, Mummy Dearests' own stiffled laughter.

Ah, kids are wonderful entertainment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?