- 16 turkeys cooked, soon to be carved
- 50 pounds of potatoes, mashed
- 50 pounds of Farm butternut squash, pureed and seasoned
- 40 pounds of Farm Brussels sprouts
- over 225 cups of home-made bread stuffing with sage and veggies
- rivers of gravy
- a heaping helping of lentils (for the vegetarians)
- 300 dinner rolls, heaping plates of butter
- huge side salad
- a mound of Farm cheddar, surrounded by grapes and clementines
- Farm cider and water
- coffee and tea and 36 pies and tarts
This is how we try and feed over 160 people. Remember last week when I said we had a count of 96? Yep, not anymore. Holy cats! Where are we going to put all these people!?
The Kitchen team's harvest report--the reports which each team presents on Thanksgiving, giving all of our visitors an idea of what each team does/"harvest"-- is nearly done. All is well. Now off to bed, in need of some pre-Turkey Day zzzs.