failures

My computer was wounded in action last week, receiving a fatal blow to the hard drive via a runaway cordless house phone--the story really isn't that good.  On Monday my cell phone died on me. I am a klutz...and have terrible luck.

This all happens within two weeks before I am to head to Michigan for some time away from the Farm. Ah, timing is everything, no? Needless to say the last week has been spent having multiple conversations with friend N (also the Farm's IT guy) and the GeekSquad at Best Buy, looking at computers online and in stores, thinking of options. I know that some people might look at this time as a great way to be away from technology, feel out of touch from the rest of the digital world, maybe even meditate and enjoy the silence; I would love to calmly agree with these people, but SHIT! I LIVE ON A FARM IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOWN WHICH BARELY GETS WIFI AND DOES NOT EVEN GET CELL PHONE RECEPTION!! I feel a million miles from things and cling to my daily dose of internet and the option to call friends when I make it into town! Err...umm...all this forced withdraw from the digital world, on top of the normal digital reclusivity, which comes with living on the Farm, has gotten me a little antsy...apparently...

New phone ordered and should arrive tomorrow. Computer will be kept, new hard drive will be ordered when I get back from vacation. Thankfully TSO is letting me use his computer and I guess there are always the Farm computers next door, so things aren't as bad as all that. Think happy thoughts for me...and click my ads on my page--help me pay for my new hard drive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH