daily admissions

Sometimes, on a good night, before I go to sleep, between the reading or the interneting or the listening to music, I try and find time for gratitude. As a child I really, firmly believed that God wouldn't grant my wishes--as though God were a genie!--if I didn't also thank him/her for things too. While I don't really think of God that way anymore, I still like to do both things, not because I need to tip the scales in my favor, but rather because as an adult I realize what gifts this great world has to offer. In putting my needs out into the universe I also want to be mindful of paying attention to the little, minute wonderful things too; it is a way that I try and realign myself.

I saw this quote on my friend Christy's FB page tonight and it struck me. Hope in the sharing others find something to ponder to!

"Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH