the ambiguity of life

There is a big meeting to happen at the farm this weekend with the Board. Many people have high hopes of a positive outcome; steps taken to alleviate some stresses here at the Farm that many staff have been feeling for some months. I too am hopeful, but also looking at things realistically and knowing that a lot might not come out of the meeting; that things may stay the same. I know I am being vague, but that is due to my wanting to respect our privacy.

All I know is that lately many friends as well as myself have been looking ahead, hoping for the best, or trying to think of what comes next and how we will either have to roll with the punches or move on. It is emotionally and mentally draining.

I try not to let myself get to wrapped up in fearing things out of my control but that is so hard in community when sometimes living and working with people--friends and co-workers--means a lot of dialog and stewing over all things work related. I am praying for a sense of calm and for the right path to be chosen so that the Farm can continue on with our worthwhile work. I stumbled upon this quote today while checking my email, and after reading it and thinking it over have decided that this is where I want to begin my weekend; not knowing; moving in ambiguity. I don't know that the ambiguity is delicious, but taking baby steps none the less.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH