I'm not avoiding you!

I feel like I never have the energy to sit down and write about Farm life lately (and I too have been avoiding my journal). The blog ignoring part comes partially from the fact that I don't have internet at home and partially because I have been feeling a little stressed out lately for a multitude of reasons.
My best friend Mummy Dearest wrote on Life in Avalon,

"Where we live is most peoples' idea of escape: on a Farm in the hills, quiet and low-stim. But what we do, which is to work with people recovering from severe mental illness, is far from slow-paced and bucolic. Daily I work with people in despair, hopeful for recovery, but often finding themselves taking one step forwards and two steps backwards. The work is rendering on a daily basis, often challenging me in ways I am unaware of."

While she was speaking of stress in her life from different reasons, I thought it was a great way to explain a bit of our life here and the constant push and pull we feel at work. Work that I still love. Never fear dear readers, I am still loving my job and life in our sleepy little town, I just need to get outside more, walk of the stress and make sure that I am communicating as effectively as I can.

Per Pam's request, I will be writing more in the next couple weeks to come (I will be house sitting for Mummy and sucking up all the internet time I can!!) and a lot of it will hopefully explain the farm more!!

Oh, on the Library job front: sent a resume to Small Town's Director for the Intermittent Sub position that was posted recently...we shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH