refusal of rejection

From this site, Effing passed this along in response to the blog "resume whore" that I wrote. It made me laugh this morning, so I had to share.

Maybe I will start sending letters like this in response to the rejection letters I get from the libraries that I have applied to!

Refusal of Rejection

Dear Hiring Manager:
Thank you for your letter dated 27, Nov. 2002. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a position in your department.

This year, I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it's impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time.

I look forward to seeing you Monday, at 9 a.m., as I begin my future with your company. I wish you the best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely, ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH