Happy Thanksgiving


Let's not pretend we're celebrating some wonderful shared meal between new-found friends. Let's just focus on the fact that we have a holiday rooted in us feeling grateful (and overeating)and just be thankful for everyone and everything that has made this year better. And don't mention the election, please God, just don't.

This year I'm thankful for my youngest nephew, Alex, talking in sentences; that I've been an aunt for 12 years! I'm thankful for this beautiful, long fall, and for the cold late November nights too. I'm thankful for my family and my friends, especially L, who died and came back to us this spring. I am thankful for ChicagoBoy, who makes me feel so loved, and who made my Grinch heart grow 3 times this year. I'm thankful for each breath and every step, and for the sunrises and sunsets. Thankful for a job I love. I am so blessed.

I hope you all count many blessings this day too. Happiest of happy Thanksgivings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH