big city *sigh*
Chicago Boy and I:
|Skillet apple pie. Tasted |
a lot better than it looks. :)
- Went to Lou Malnati's for a pizza celebrating his recent birthday
- I made him my first homemade apple pie. We loved it and gobbled it up in just over a day with copious amounts of ice cream. I had forgotten my pie pan and since he didn't have one I wound up Googling skillet apple pie recipes--basically the spiced apples in a buttered pan with crust only on top. Hands down DELICIOUS.
- Had a Lord of the Rings-a-thon all day Saturday. Staying in pjs and air conditioning on a muggy day was fine by me.
- Grilled dinner on Saturday
- Swim practice getting cancelled Sunday morning meant more sleep and making breakfast together
- A PERFECT Sunday--forecasted rain be damned. We had baby blue skies and puffy clouds for my first trip to Wrigley Field to see the Cubbies lose to the St. Louis Cardinals, 1-0. We were under an awning, so no sunburns, but lots of breezy wonderfulness. This year marks Wrigley Field's 100th year. So cool to be in such a historic place!
- A trip into the city to find the elusive, not at all elusive Bean, that I've walked by about a dozen times--don't ask me how!
|See how pretty our drive in to Chicago was?!|
|Chicago Boy, oh so patient, as I snap photos|
|The Bean with the beautiful background of Michigan Ave.|
This is one of my FAVORITE big city streets.