Turkey Run State Park, IN

Never wrote about our glorious weekend at Turkey Run State Park, a few weeks back! It can be surmised as such:
  • Campfires!
  • Wonderful hiking
  • Glacial erratics
  • 10 mile canoe trip through the most beautiful slice of Indiana I have ever seen!
  • Sun sun and more sun
  • Except the thunder/lightning storm that woke us up Sunday morning at 4a.m.--and if you never slept in a tent through one of those storms, it is pure Heaven. I LOVE storms. LOVE.
Would I recommend this park? Absolutely!
I was VERY proud of these epic bacon, cheeseburgers that I made.

Sugar Creek, a river which flows through the park;
we canoed this Sunday

Bridgemeister, Turkey Run State Park Suspension Bridge

Getting up close and personal with this little guy who wanted
to inspect the food I was unpacking

Hiking past glacial erratics, through areas where water once
ran thousands of years ago!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?