can't it be Friday afternoon?

Things have been crazy busy lately. Sitting at home this morning waiting on the plumber who is back again to finish my shower--3 days to fix this hot mess! While I'm enjoying the quiet time at home and the ability to finish The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey--can you say, I'm pumped to see how the movie turns out, LOVED the book--I know I have a million things waiting for me at work!

Our Summer Reading Kick-Off is again planned for the end of May with a "Touch-a-Truck" event with local ambulance, tractor, fire truck, and police car, 4-H animal petting zoo, face painting, and a giant used book sale. Everyone's lined up and ready to be here, and our small, but mighty FRIENDS of the Library group is running the book sale, leaving me with nothing to do but pray for a sunny day.

I've finished our registration binder, have plenty of reading logs and calendars of events for kick-off day (last year over 500 people showed up!), all the prizes are purchased or donated (one more grant just came in!), Prairie Dawn and I have the calendar of events done and she's nearly done with all of her program planning. So, today I'll be focusing on the advertising bits I need to send to the local papers.

All that is weeks away, and yet SO MUCH WORK to get there.

Until then...I will be heading down to the State Library in Columbus tomorrow for our consortium's (SEO) yearly Directors meeting; though we'll be weeding through some tedium, I'm looking forward to seeing some of my director friends, and a day out of the library is always fun. but more pumped for this weekend's camping trip!

ChicagoBoy and I are spending a weekend camping at Turkey Run State Park, Indiana. Ready for some sun, hiking, and campfires. What fun is in store for YOU this weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?