it's really going to happen!

I made a promise to my dear Germans, Yannick and Magdalena, during their visit last summer (their second visit to Ohio!), that I would go and visit them in Germany.

I asked the Board and was granted the ability to use my vacation time as one huge chunk at the end of the summer.

The Germans and I discussed dates via Facebook.

And I BOUGHT MY TICKET!!

I will be headed to Germany (and who knows where else!!!) for 2.5 weeks in August and September! 

I honestly don’t think I’ve been this excited since I was a teenager gearing up for my first foreign travel. Though I’ve done quite a bit of traveling, this is the first time since I went to Jamaica 11 years ago that I will be traveling alone…and there is something exciting in that, no

Now can it be August already?!

Comments

Unknown said…
I am very happy to hear you will be going to Germany! I wish you well! Enjoy as much as you can of it!

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?