the newest addition

Last week was a stressful mess of working on our yearly state report, paperwork galore, and sorting out some staffing issues, among other things, but none of that mattered yesterday.
Yesterday my beautiful little nephew was born to my brother A3 and sis-in-law Dayna.

We went to the hospital yesterday, my niece, my Mom (who's watching while her parents and new brother are at the hospital) and I, and as I stood there holding this new little wonder I thought back to nearly 2 years ago when I stood in a room on this very hospital floor holding my now walking-talking-sassy niece--where does the time go!? And then there she was climbing onto the couch to sit between my brother and mom, examining her new baby brother, looking up at us to say, "Baby Alex." Heart. Melted.

I can't believe I am the Auntie of 6 kids: 3 boys, 3 girls, ages 9years - newborn. Seems just yesterday I was meeting my first niece. *Sigh*

So, until I can get my shit together to write a proper blog, I will at least share this slice of preciousness.

Grandma and Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH