try to rest

We had the cleaning bug at Sticks Library last week. I cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards, threw away old food and ancient program supplies, organized and labeled everything; we've been going through old office supplies, consolidating things and making space in drawers; we've been going through old files and getting rid of documents long since expired, which led someone to this funny find. I give you, "What If Taken Hostage"--a document that speaks to a small town library's preparedness back in the 1990s.


My favorites are
4. Try to Rest--"Don't mind me, I'm just going to take a little nap over here. Hey, wake me up before you do anything, ok?!"
6. Escape? --"To escape or not to escape? That is the question. Tis nobler to stay and rest, or to try and sneak out the back?
14. Maintain Dignity--aka, don't shit yourself when you're scared. Maybe we should make a Dignity Box with back up underwear, just in case...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH