on being (mostly) unfrozen

Polar Vortex '14 hit us this Sunday, though not nearly as bad as in other places--rain all day Sunday coated everything in a thick layer of ice as temps dropped and the snow began to fall. Due to the bitter cold -18 with windchill Monday and -8 with windchill Tuesday, and the slippery roads, I chose to keep Sticks Library closed both those days (I can't tell you how nice it is to be in charge and make the call--all of your staff LOVE you when you tell them to sleep in!)

I spent two glorious days hanging with Hemmy, watching movie upon movie, reading, and even braving a walk to work to do a few things. Today's high teen temps feel amazing after that extreme cold and left me wondering if daisy dukes shorts count as business attire...then I remembered my chunky thighs already nixed that option.

So, we survived and aside from the layer of ice INSIDE my bathroom window and a very, very cold porcelain bathtub, I've got no complaints.The mound of beginning of fiscal year paperwork seemed to multiple on my desk faster than rabbits, but who doesn't love a day of staying at home in pajamas and pigtails?

So, tell me, how'd you spend theses past very cold days?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH