feathered friends

Hello, My Name is Ruby, is the sweetest of  sweet sweet stories, and in true Philip C. Stead's style, the text is endearing, "...sometimes I do not feel small...would you like to see?"--the next page shows a flock of small birds making an elephant shape, in line with other elephants, very Swimmy-esque.

Stead's signature beautiful artwork is present, his pictures always so stunning and colorful (watch a demo of Stead CREATING!) Can we just say that I love that things as simple as squiggly lines can make up tufts of fur or feathers! So beautiful!

I think kids will enjoy the themes of the books: friendship, being yourself, loneliness, feeling like a part of something, and the adventurous spirit of Ruby. I think children will love talking about the pictures, most especially all the different birds...I just LOVED it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?