kindness

Today's events in Boston made me so sad. I am aware of all the terrible and sad things always happening out in the world, but when terrible things happen in a familiar place, with familiar streets I've traveled, it really brings it home. As I pray for those hurt and killed, for their families, for all the hurts in our world, and our fractured world too, I looked for words to comfort me and wound up finding these; I offered them up tonight, my own borrowers little prayer...I am praying for more kindness in the world.

“I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.” --Neil Gaiman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH