as day dissolves

I am exhausted. This week has been:
  • Interviewing 
  • Orders: books, DVDs  
  • Scouting for new vendors and pricing for new rugs, new printers, 
    new computers, a new projector
  • Meetings: Board, FRIENDS, Safe Routes to School Committee 
  • Storytimes 
  • Updating website/Facebook/Twitter  
  • And all the stuff that comes up along the way

It is only Thursday and I've already worked 47 hours. I can't do tomorrow...
I can't, I can't, I can't. You can't make me. The ONLY thing that helps during 
times like this is poetry.
"i go to this window" 

i go to this window
just as day dissolves
when it is twilight(and
looking up in fear

i see the new moon
thinner than a hair)

making me feel
how myself has been coarse and dull
compared with you, silently who are
and cling
to my mind always

But now she sharpens and becomes crisper
until i smile with knowing
-and all about
herself

the sprouting largest final air

plunges
inward with hurled
downward thousands of enormous dreams 
--e.e. cummings 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?