dare greatly!

Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW, a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work and author of books such as, The Gifts of Imperfection, recently published, Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Life, Love, Parent, and Lead. Brown has spent the past decade studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame and reflects on what she has learned in her research, interviewing people about their experiences, also sharing her own.

Though I am not a parent, I LOVE this manifesto!
Daring Greatly--a phrase taken from a Teddy Roosevelt speech--is, as the title suggests, a book about how to be courageous in the face of vulnerability, how to overcome shame, how to live freer lives. I hate to call it a self-help book, as many of us have a preconceived notion of what we think those books are, but I guess that's just what it is; a book to encourage an ownership over ourselves and ideas on how to improve it.

Where the title came from!
Though I think I enjoyed Brown's The Gift of Imperfection a little better, I still enjoyed Daring Greatly and would definitely recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH