R-E-S-P-E-C-T

For all my Dad's faults, some things I really valued in him and have tried to replicate in my adult work life:
1. Work HARD.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Don't bullshit people, be honest.

With that in mind, at a recent Board Mtg. one of the board members offered to break some news to my staff which I knew was going to be met with less than enthusiasm, but  I knew I had to do it, this is why they pay me, right? It can't always be easy or fun, and it's important to not bullshit people and avoid the tough stuff--people respect you more for doing it. So, I did it. And I didn't enjoy it, but trying to gracefully make it through something uncomfortable makes it easier for the next time, and makes you stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?