Yesterday I attended the Sticks Rotary Club meeting, invited there to speak about Sticks Library and my goals for the future--that felt slightly daunting, but more on that later. While there I met a fellow who's daughter is living in Detroit right now; our talk turned to his fears about his daughters safety there, and I shared a few things about the Detroit of the baby boomers' childhood--the beautiful, American-dream neighborhoods of the 40s-60s where my parents grew up; neighborhoods now gone, decimated by poverty, addicts, and arson. We both shared that we believe the city will again rise up, a phoenix from the ashes, and be amazing again...and then my best friend K shared this with me last night. Not sure what this is about, but it bummed me out for sure. C'mon Detroit! RISE UP!

FBI Raids DPL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH