one of those stories

The last Newbery winner that I read was when I was still back in OHCity--Phyllis Reynolds Naylor's, Shiloh, the story of Marty, who meets and falls in love with an abused pup he names, yep, you guessed it, Shiloh. The story revolves around Marty's relationship with the dog, (who belongs to our antagonist, Judd--why are bad guys always Judds? Oklahoma, anyone?) and the lengths he will go to keep Shiloh away from his abusive owner, and keep secret from his family and best friend.

Did I enjoy it? It was ok. Would I recommend it? Hmm, I guess. There are definitely other animaly books I would recommend first, though this had some good lessons in it.

Ages: 8 and up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?