day 2, week 1 as library director
- Haircut, asked for 3 inches off, I think she took off 5; my hair is naturally curly so, tomorrow it's going to look Shirley Temple short. Oh Lord. The upswing is that in Sticks it only cost $14 for a haircut, blow dry, and hair straightening. Love living in the middle of nowhere!
- Went through EVERY file and document saved on my desktop...HOURS of my life gone...
- Touched base with community members who wanted outreach programs set up.
- Spoke with Mom who put in a challenge/review of book. Nice conversation and she told me I should come to the schools Homecoming game this weekend. Love that small town camaraderie!
- Emails back and forth to board members regarding various things
- Worked on storytimes; there haven't been storytimes in over a month, since the Children's Librarian resigned and I am going to be doing 3/week until we hire a new Children's Librarian.
- Posted my first announcement (announcing upcoming storytimes) on our library's Facebook page.
- Started working on our website; somehow deleted the Kids' page on our library's website--too late to call the website IT guy who was super sweet and helpful today when he was setting me up as Admin for site--tried to not sweat it too much...it's fixable, right?
- Thought of the day: I think I am going to get bed sores from all this sitting, must finish officey stuff so I can get out into the library!
- Met with the Adult Book Group; great discussion, 8 people present, everyone was so nice when we chatted after--great way to end a LONG day.
Wednesday will be good.