library love storytime

Because of some scheduling things that came up I am covering two family story times this week and also get to do the On My Own storytime group with the 4s and 5s. My storytime group last night was young and energetic with some great parents who really got into participating as much as the kids (which every librarian doing storytime LOVES!), so, I thought I would share what we did. Enjoy!
I love Lola!
I love how much she loves the library. Sweet!
LIBRARY LOVE!
1.      Intro myself and theme
2.      Music/Movement:
“Shake Your Sillies Out,”  #13, Raffi’s More Singable Songs
3.      Book 1: Lola at the Library, Anna McQuinn, illus. Rosalind Beardshaw
4.      Book 2/Flannel Board: I Took My Frog to the Library, Eric Kimmel, illus. by Blanche Sims w/flannel board pieces
5.      Music Movement: “The Gong Song," #14, Jim Gill's Irrational Anthem
6.      Music/Movement: “Jumping and Counting,” #7, Jim Gill's Irrational Anthem  
7.      Book 3:  Reading Makes You Feel Good, Todd Parr

8.      Book 4/Prop Story: The Wonderful Book, Leonid Gore w/puppets
9.      Music/Movement: Bean Bag Rock,” #3, Bean Bag Activities & Coordination Skills CD coordinating movement w/bean bags

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH