a final and very farmy storytime

Thought I would share the notes from my last storytime here in OHCity. I am moving today, wish me luck! More stories on life in Sticks to come!







FARMS!
1.      Intro myself and theme

2.      Music/Movement:
“Shake Your Sillies Out,”  #13, Raffi’s More Singable Songs

3.      Flannel Board: Who took the Farmer’s Hat?, Joan L. Nodset
4.       Prop Story: Many Colored Hens

5.      Music/Movement: “Jumping and Counting," #7, Jim Gill's Irrational Anthem

6.      Book 1: Barn Sneeze, Karen B. Winnick

7.    Book 2: This Little Chick, John Lawrence

8.  Music/Movement: “Pig on Her Head,” #7, The Best of Laurie Berkner Band

9. Music/Movement: “I Know a Chicken,” #16, The Best of Laurie Berkner Band
I had an entirely different storytime planned, but wound up with a young crowd...moral of the story: if you do Family Storytimes, always plan on activities/books for young and old. I also kept it short as the crowd was RESTLESS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?