wish I could hit(ty) her with something

While reading 1930 Newbery medal winner, Hitty,Her First Hundred Years, by Rachel Field, a few thoughts kept popping into my head:
  • Do people really enjoy this book?
  • I hate reading this book as much as I hate working out
  • This should be Hitty's theme song
I absolutely HATED this book. I found it uber tedious and boring and believe me I love a good adventure tale, but SNORE!!

Doing some reading after I finished the book, I was amazed to see how many people like it, and was also surprised to learn that the original Hitty doll is housed in the Stockbridge Library Museum in Stockbridge MA, not far from where I used to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?