homeward bound

I am heading to Michigan again today after work, for a summer party, but really just a grasping chance at trying to see someone whom I'm sure won't even be in town for the weekend anyway. Life really is a maneuvering game, no? I am riding up with a friend, her boyfriend, and another one of her friends; feeling in a funk and nostalgic and so glad that I packed Sedaris' Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and a full iPod o' music--I can either giggle to myself or fall asleep to my nostalgic mix. Think the nostalgia is because today is my bro A2's birthday--HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Brother! I love you--and August also marks my Dad's birthday...*sigh* I miss him so.

So, as I think back on our time in Michigan and shoot north, I will listen to this, one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs: Homeward Bound. Happy weekend all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH