how are you revolutionary?

Author Ray Bradbury passed away a couple of weeks back and LHB blogged about him a little bit here, thought I would share, and also post some quotes from Bradbury. (I love this reading Library History Buff's blog, because it always makes me proud of libraries and being a librarian).

"Libraries raised me. I don't believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries, because most students don't have any money. When I graduated from high school, it was during the Depression and we had no money. I couldn't go to college, so I went to the library three days a week for 10 years."
 
"I know you've heard it a thousand times before. But it's true - hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, pratice. If you don't love something, then don't do it." 

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down."

"If you enjoy living, it is not difficult to keep the sense of wonder."

"Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?