amazing book!

I recently read a review of, Billions of Years, Amazing Changes: The Story of Evolution, and ordered it immediately; what could be cooler than a book that proports to be a: "clear, up-to-date, and visually stunning explanations of some of the most important ideas in science today."

I was not disappointed! This book was a fascinating, educational, well layed out read that takes the reader on, yep you guessed it! a journey through billions of years of evolution. Reading the table of contents alone made me want to start singing my own Billy Joel inspired version of "We Didn't Start The Fire," titled, "Look at Evolution,"
Forming Earth, Layers of Rock,
Dinosaurs, DNA, Darwin, EVOLUTION HEY!
Genetic wheel of fortune, Patagonia, Fossils, Missing Links, Lewis & Clark...California Baseball...damn...I tried.

Anyway, I LOVED this book. There were so many times when I would say to the other librarians, "hey, did you know...?!" Like did you know that Thomas Jefferson didn't believe that certain animals were extinct? He thought that they were just hiding away from humans in places like the west, so when Lewis & Clark set out on their famous expedition they were charged with looking for animals like wooly mammoths!

I totally am gifting this book to some of the kiddos in my life SOON! AWESOMENESS!

Recommended ages: 8-12 years

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?