the marvels of daily life caught

My favorite pic of Picasso.





“The marvels of daily life are exciting; no movie director can arrange the unexpected that you find in the street.” — Robert Doisneau

I have had Paris on the brain lately: two couples (friends of mine) have gone/are going to Paris for honeymoons this spring; I just read A Moveable Feast (Hemingway) and The Paris Wife (McLain)--both set primarily in Paris; I recently watched "Midnight in Paris" and "Forget Paris;" I've been listening to more French music in the last weeks than I ever had in my entire life...Jeanne Aubert, Edith Piaf, Jean Laurent, Julien Duvivier, Maurice Yvain, Maurice Chevalier, Charles Trenet, Jean Sablon, Emile Carrara, Guillaume de Chassy and the list goes on and on. I can't get enough of Paris' sounds and any glimpses of it. I want to go to Paris TODAY!

It was a nice treat to stumble upon Robert Dosineau today at Google--his is the featured GOOGLE background art because today would have been his 100th bday. Thought I would share some of the sights of Paris that I've been oggling this morning. Happy weeknd and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH