soaring into spring

Some Spring themed resources for Family Storytime (or for the Pre-k crowd):
Spring Books:
And then it’s spring, Julie Fogliano
Bear Wants More, Karma Wilson
I See Spring, Charles Ghigna
In the Spring, Craig Brown
Inch by Inch, David Mallet
Little White Rabbit, Kevin Henkes
One Windy Day, Jane Caraway
Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit, Il Sung Na
The Very Busy Spider, Eric Carle
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle
Waddle, Waddle, Quack, Qauck, Quack, Barbara Ann Skalak
Wake up, it's Spring!, Lisa Campbell Ernst


Ryhmes: 5 Little Kites
1
little kite in the sky so blue,
Along came another then there were two,
2 little kites flying high above me,
Along came another , then there were three,
3 little kites, just watch how they soar,
Along came another, then there were four,
4 little kites, so high and alive,
Along came another,then there were 5!



Five Spring Flowers
Five Spring flowers siting in a row.

The first one said, “We need rain to grow!”
The second one said, “Oh my, we need some water!”
The third one said, “It’s getting hotter!”
The fourth one said, “I see some clouds in the sky.”
the fifth said, “I wonder why?”
Then BOOM went the thunder
And ZAP went the lightning!
That springtime storm was really frightening!
But the flowers weren’t worried, NO NO NO!
The rain helped them to GROW GROW GROW!


My Garden
This is my garden (extend flat palm)
I rake it with care (rake fingers of other hand across)
And then I plant flower seeds there (pretend to sprinkle seeds)
The sun will shine (make a circle w/arms over head)
And the rain will fall (wiggle fingers over head)
And my garden will blossom (cup hands)
And grow straight and tall (stretch hands and arms up above head)


Spring Songs:
Betty Bunny
Bringing home my baby bumble bee
Five Green and Speckled Frogs
Let’s Go Fly a Kite
Over in the Meadow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH