but it doesn't feel like winter
- Intro myself and theme
Shake Your Sillies out: More Singable Songs, #13
There's a wide eyed owl (thumbs and forefingers around eyes)
With a pointed nose, (forefinger makes a v at end of nose)
Two pointed ears, (forefingers extended up from head)
and claws for toes, (fingers and arms bent in front of chest)
When he sits up in the tree, (point to tree)
and he looks at you, (point at a child in the group)
he flaps his wings, (fold arms into arm pits and flap)
And he says 'Whoo Whoo.'
~Submitted by Cheryl's Sweethearts ChildCare
- Our rhyme was about an owl, do you suppose we’ll see an owl in our first story?
Prop Story/Book 1: Snow, Manya Stojic
- Flannel Board: “5 Little Penguins Slipping on the Ice”
- Song/Movement: “Doing the Penguin” Sesame Street’s HOT! HOT! HOT!
- Book 2: I am small, Emma Dodd
- Flannel Board: Polar Bear, Polar Bear what do you hear?
- Prop Story: In the Snow, Sharon Phillips Denslow, Nancy Tafuri w/puppets
- Book 3: Mouse’s First Snow, Lauren Thompson, Buket Erdogan
- Book 4: A Hat for Minerva Louise, Stoeke
- Music/Movement: “Freeze,” Greg and Steve’s “Kids in Motion
- Closing: Info on future programs/winter reading
THANKS FOR COMING!