I am a librarian who steals

...NO, not books, just suggestions.
Today in the Kitchen we began talking about our backgrounds and education, which of course lead to people learning that I am also a librarian, which of course leads to the age old questions:
"What's your favorite book?
"Who's your favorite author?"
"What are you reading right now?"
"Can you recommend any books for me to read?"

So, I told them:
Too many to chose one, but some are: To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee; Travels with Charley, John Steinbeck; Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell; Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen; Angela's Ashes, Frank McCourt; Roots, Alex Haley

Too many to chose one, but some are: Jane Austen, John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway, Mark Twain

Right now, well, you can see those on my side bar.

YES! I gave them my list.

And also what I always mention when books come up is how I am constantly stealing ideas for what to read from my patrons. For example, tonight I ordered two books (after ordering copies for patrons):

So, what are you reading?

Also, I thought this article was great. One of my favorite parts about being a librarian is the tough question which can happen across your path. These are great. Librarians, what have been your toughest/funniest/weirdest questions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH