PIG and other cookbooks

I recently read an article which suggested some cook books--thought I would pass along these titles:
  • The Simple Art of EatingWell Cookbook  Jessie Price & the EatingWell Test Kitchen
    I was unimpressed with this book.
  • Pig: King of the Southern table, James Villas
    I LOVED this book! Embrace the Southerner within.
  • Salted: A Manifesto on the World’s Most Essential Mineral, with Recipes by Mark Bitterman
    I have found this book utterly fascinating. And the pictures: AMAZING!
  • Oaxaca al Gusto, Diana Kennedy
    I have only looked at the first few pages, but this book looks pretty impresssive!

    And the rest of these books I have on order from the library.
    Thank God for Inter-library Loan!
  • Good to the Grain: Baking with whole-grain flours, Kim Boyce
  • Secrets of the Sommeliers: how to think and drink like the world's top wine professionals, Jorday Mackay and Rajat Parr
  • The Essential NY Times Cook Book: classic recipes for a new century, Amanda Hesser
  • Meat: A Kitchen Education, James Peterson 
  • Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food, Paul Greenberg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?