no surprises here

Les Paines de Picasso, 1954, Robert Doisneau
I stumbled across this picture tonight in my wanderings. Have always loved it. I was going to post the e.e. cumming's poem about Picasso, but realized I already did (here), which is actually great because it led me to a stash of Pablo Picasso's very own poems! Enjoy!

"whisper"
the shiver of hands
blind without memory
and so,
friendly still
yet sweet like the words
forgotten
to the tremble of lips
quiet
there are no surprises here
rest your eyelids
until they become stone
rest your heart
until it stops
(it beats now only for itself
in some secret place)

--Pablo Picasso

Pic found here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?