kiss me, I'm Irish

What is Frodo doing?
Everybody wants to be Irish on St. Patrick's Day! Ok, maybe not really Irish, but pretend to be Irish.

Here in the United States we like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day every year by wearing green, drinking copious amounts of beer (also preferably green) until we get drunk, wearing green t-shirts (the really hipster looking ones made my Old Navy are preferable) and shamrocks, making leprechaun jokes all day and doing jigs...It's more than a little sad that these are the things we associate the Irish with.

So, Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone! 
Blarney, shillelaghs, leprechaun, GUINNESS! There, I said it. I'm done.

If I were back home for St. Patty's Day plans for tonight would have already been made at least a week ago, and we would have already gone to the party this past weekend at the Ole' Shillelagh in Detroit (near Greektown, not too far from my old stomping grounds at Wayne State). If you live in Detroit or anywhere in SE Michigan you must go at least once...like next year! It's a WILD time, for sure!

St. Patty's Day has never been a big deal for anyone at the Farm, but I hope to change that this year with some friends...

The photo is from this site, for a pub back home. You're welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH