Wednesday, March 23, 2011

if I was richer

Today in the Kitchen one of the guys posed the question, "if you received $5,000,000, how would you spend it?" Of course we all had similar answers like:
  • pay off student loans
  • buy a new car
  • give some money to family
  • travel
  • donate to non-profits
But, now that I have been thinking about it more--bored out of my mind at the Reference desk--I've come up with a wish list of other things I'd buy too. I love fantasizing about having money. I also like fantasizing about spontaneous dance numbers in places like the Library. Tonight I am imagining doing "Forget you," (or the other version) by Cee-Lo. I didn't even realize it until I started listening to the lyrics again, but it does feel apropos.
Julia's kitchen

Other things I want:
  • Julia Child's stove
  • copious amounts of body butter and mint julep lip balm from Savannah Bee
  • a set of All-Clad Copper Core 6000-7SS pots
  •  a really cool sink like this (I guess the pots, stove and sink wants are coming out of my want for a really cool house...or to just be in my cabin again...*sigh*)
  • clothes and bonnets like those worn in Jane Austen's time. Yes, I would wear them to work
  • really, really expensive stationary
  • a new iPod
  • a donkey...I don't know why...I have always loved the way that they bray...this may grow tiresome
  • a personal clothing designer

What's on your wish list?

No comments: