surety of winter

I was so glad to get home yesterday. I enjoyed my time in Michigan, seeing family and friends, but there is nothing like coming home; leaving the airport to drive now familiar highways; watch as the winter afternoon slowly melted into night, burgeoning a bright yellow orb. It felt wonderful to sit in my snug cabin, tucked in by two feet of snow, read the pile of library books and magazines I checked out before I left. Can't wait to get back to the Kitchen and cooking tomorrow.

"Winter Trees"

All the complicated details
of the attiring and
the disattiring are completed!
A liquid moon
moves gently among
the long branches.
Thus having prepared their buds
against a sure winter
the wise trees
stand sleeping in the cold.
~ William Carlos Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH