fragmented mumbly jumbly


While, I am sure, the ED of the Farm sent this out to inspire even greater greatness in our work here at the Farm, I can't help but wonder how to keep all the balls in the air. Reading this today made me reflect on the past weekend; a five day weekend back in Michigan, which proved to be a little more stressful than I planned for. It seems like my sister and I have mastered the art of scuffing the glass ball of family, making me think that being an adult can be so tiring, can't it?

Anyway, I made the drive in record time, somehow turning the usually 10.5-11 hour drive into a 9.5 hour drive; enjoyed the buddings of fall colors, which are already springing up along I90 in New York State and Massachusetts; listened to books on CD; enjoyed the solitude.

And then I was back in community. A slow introduction back into life here, I fortunately had today off. A quiet day. A day of accomplishments:

  • canned 7 quarts of homemade salsa (made with my tomatoes!)
  • presently making applesauce to can 
  • tried my pickles, which have been pickling for over two months. Good, but not as good as last year's recipe
It is good to be back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH