called back

As much as I might fight it, it is still home.

"Michigan"
I feel the calling of the land,
The trees and summer streams;
The thunderstorms and sun-drenched lakes,
The land of boyhood dreams.


The little town where someone’s dad
Owned every shop and store;
And every face you saw you knew
And welcomed at your door.


A forest full of mystery,
An undiscovered find
That flexed imagination
In an adolescent mind.


The place my seed was rooted
In fields where I once grew;
The home of every memory
Of everything once new.


Beneath the sea of motion,
Beneath the waves and foam,
I rest on its foundation -
Michigan is home.
~ Matthew Ashbrook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

Juvenile Collection Librarian in a college setting?