natural alarm clocks start the day

I woke this morning to the sounds of my neignbors yelling. But, wait dear readers, no harsh words or insults (or chairs) were being thrown around; rather it was the sound of our truly noisy neighbors in nature. Making their morning sounds, like vain singers in a chorus trying to sing louder than one another; such an amazing waking sound: warbling, screeching, cheeping, calling, tapping; bluejays, robins, thrush, mourning doves, orioles, woodpeckers and more birds than I know names for.

Today was our last perfect (and perfectly hot!) day before our cruise to sandy beaches and ocean views; one of those amazing (and tiring) days. It began with my waking to the wonderful natural alarm clocks outside my windows around 6:30 a.m. After coaxing myself out of bed, I walked down to visit the bees and ran into our neighbor, Gardener R, who was planting red onions--methodically and perfectly, like creating art. Breakfast in our sunny kitchen, admiring my own seedlings sprouting, made way to a day full of running errands for our cruise; last minute shopping excursions; a visit to the library I work at, to show it off to RugbyGirl and TSO; dinner; finally packing. It is with a sigh of relief that I am officially packed and ready to go.

4 a.m. can't come early enough. I want to be on the road, heading to the airport, heading towards the next great adventure.

For more info on Massachusetts orinthology.
Cornell University's Lab of Orinthology is badass!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH