fruits of my market trip


My trip to two Farmer's Markets (last week) nearby the Farm proved to be, well, fruitful. The Farmer's Market in Otis, MA--small, held in a local gas station parking lot--provided me with a small bleeding heart plant for the shady side of our house. The Farmer's Market in Great Barrington, MA was bigger, with more selections and a wider variety of goods: plants/flowers, meats, breads/pastries, soups, etc.  While I left Otis with only a plant I walked away from the GB Farmer's Market with three tomato plants--two varities new to me: Cherokee Purple and Green Zebra. I thought it would be fun to mix things up since what I've started from seeds are common red varieties: Romas and Italian Heirlooms. This will add color to my salsa this summer! I also purchased (slightly overpriced, I think) rhubarb and a delicious sourdough roll from Berkshire Mountain Bakery. So good. Felt good to be supporting local. YAY!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm
thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for rookie blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


Also visit my page; Enero

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH