trying not to get excited
My calendar looks like:
- Dinner with Julie & Danny, Wednesday night
- Work related meeting, Thursday night
- Drinks with John O., Friday night
- Dinner and drinks for M's bday, Saturday night
- Sunday-Tuesday work, then off for 13 days straight!!
"And we shall not get excited"
And we shall not get excited. Because a translator
May not get excited. Calmly, we shall pass on
Words from man to son, from one tongue
To others' lips, un-
Knowingly, like a father who passes on
The features of his dead father's face
To his son, and he himself is like neither of them. Merely a mediator.
We shall remember the things we held in our hands
That slipped out.
What I have in my possesion and what I do not have in my possession.
We must not get excited.
Calls and their callers drowned. Or, my beloved
Gave me a few words before she left,
To bring up for her.
And no more shall we tell what we were told
To other tellers. Silence as admission. We must not
~ Yehuda Amichai