Miss Economy meets Mr. Library...

Just found out that a fellow graduate of Wayne State LIS program had an article--about working in the Libraries during this time of economic hardship--published in Newsweek. Congrats Eva!!

"Reading Into the Future," Eva Gronowska

"Libraries are my world. I've been a patron all my life, and for the past nine years I've worked at multiple libraries and archives in and around Detroit. The library as an institution has many roles, but as our country struggles through an economic crisis, I have watched the library where I work evolve into a career and business center, a community gathering place and a bastion for hope."

For the full article, click here!

Comments

CS said…
What a terrific article! So many of those scenarios were familiar. I love the positive spin at the end. Library employees need that especially at times like this when their facilities are forced to make cuts and remaining employees can feel overworked. Thanks for posting.

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH