a plethora of useless knowledge
28 years old!
When did that happen?
I swear I was 12 like yesterday!
Anyway, I thought I would share some of the things that I have learned over the past 28 years:
- Sometimes the solitude of a graveyard is not such a scary thing.
- Bumblebees can turn purple in that fat, furry yellow part of their body; depending on what type of nectar they drink.
- Holding a newborn child can really make you wonder at your own mortality.
- Crocuses are an amazing achievement of nature every spring.
- Magnetic poetry is like magic. Words and sentences appears out of thin air.
- Reading Jack Handy-isms can make almost any day better.
- John Lennon was a visionary. Not in the same way as Ghandi, Mother Teresa or Jesus, but in a good way too.
- The movie Gone with the Wind is long, but it is an even longer book. I loved it.
- Jon Stewart is smart.
- The generational creation of/slanging down of words makes me hopeful that generations from now will look back at us and think of us as Shakespeares in our own right.
- Reading the Bible in chronological order is really frustrating.
- There are some things that no one thing can ease the pain of, however a lot of things can be cured by good friends.
- Poetry works magic even on people who didn’t think they liked poetry.
- Doing service work was the best, hardest and most worthwhile time spent in my life.
- Those old Countrytime Lemonade commercials make me nostalgic.
- Family are the only people who can really appreciate the bizarreness that was your upbringing. Being great friends with your sibs is one of the best things you can do.
- Finishing a really good book can sometimes feel like saying goodbye to a good friend for a while.
- The pictures and articles in National Geographic still excite me as much as they did when I was ten.
- Love is the greatest thing that we have on Earth.
And now I share a great treasure; the poem I read at B1 & B2's wedding, one of my favorites.
"I carry your heart"
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true) and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
~ e.e. cummings